Whether you’re in the business of manufacturing or pharmaceuticals, choosing the right industrial floor coating is essential to the efficiency and safety of everyday operations. At Tom J. Behunin Construction in Arvada, we’ve helped many clients choose and install industrial flooring and wall systems that satisfy their unique needs and comply with industry regulations. Understanding how to make that selection is important, so take a look below to acquaint yourself with a few tips from our professionals.
When it comes to choosing the right industrial floor coating for your plant or facility, a great place to start is to examine the conditions in which your floor needs to perform. Look at your entire operation from start to finish, every possible use case and scenario. Some items to consider include:
- Traffic – From heavy foot traffic to pallet jacks and forklifts, what will your floors be subject to throughout their lifetime? Abrasion and wear are enormous factors when it comes to choosing floors that will last long enough to provide a return on investment.
- Impact – A dropped wrench in an airport hangar or heavy machinery in a factory can be tough on floors, and any damage can lead to the breakdown of its integrity. If impacts are everyday occurrences, we have a coating option designed to take the abuse.
- Exposure – The types of chemicals used, as well as how much and how long they’re used, need to be considered when choosing the right industrial floor coating. Whether processing meat or sanitizing a restaurant kitchen, you’ll need the right chemical resistance.
- Temperature – Thermal shock also needs consideration. Extreme fluctuations of hot and cold temperatures cause flooring to expand and contract, which can lead to cracks and other issues. We offer floor coatings that perform flawlessly shock after shock.
- Budget – At Tom J. Behunin Construction in Arvada, we understand that cost plays a significant role when deciding on flooring. Let us help you find the right balance of both function and price, ensuring you meet all regulations in the most cost-effective way possible.
- Appearance – Just because it’s functional and durable doesn’t mean you can’t add a little style to your floors. Ask us about adding colored vinyl flakes or quartz chips to create a unique look that customers, students, guests and employees will appreciate.
One final issue to address when choosing the right industrial floor coating is the state of your current flooring system. If it has seen better days, it’s important to have it inspected for any cracks, damage, contaminants (such as rust or old sealers), and areas that may need to be leveled. Depending on what’s found, the next step is industrial floor preparation. This may include full or partial demolition, scraping, scarifying, stripping, and finally, dust removal. To ensure proper bonding between the substrate and coating, it’s very important that whatever materials are used during floor prep are compatible with that coating.
For any further questions on choosing the right industrial floor coating, simply contact the experts here at Tom J. Behunin Construction in Arvada. And if you bring us on board for your next project, we’ll even walk you through every step so that you can better understand just how important your floors are to your daily operations and bottom line. We’re here to help and no job is too big or too small. Call today!